About Me

My photo
Imphal, Manipur, India
An independent person, happy living to me is dancing and cooking. 12 years away from home and family have taught me many things. I can cook the best food, I can dance the best way, I can make my house the most beautiful and yes I can fix your broken tap too! And no wonder, I have now made my seat in the room of poets ;-) Nourishing my talents I offer you the bits and pieces of it here. Enjoy reading :-)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Door of Heaven

Door of Heaven

Once I saw a door while I was walking on a hundred mile road
I tried to walk further but gave myself a pause.
T'was on a crowded place, people all around
Gazing at the wooden door my eyes turned into bloody red,
The door was tempting but it ain't beautiful
It looked like a broken antique piece.

I moved towards the door and opened it with a gust
To descry the beautiful curtilage awaiting for me
Surrounded by fragrance of exotic flowers,
With green green grasses knee high !
The dazzling streams that drive by, looks so limpid
I threw a pebble to form a ring in the water
The water reminds me of boyhood,
The door was tempting, but it ain’t beautiful
It looked like a broken antique piece

The melodious sound of the birds chirping and the bees buzzing,
The soft and tender touch of the breeze,
The giant milky waterfall sprinkling all over
It grumbles yet it’s so beautiful,
I can see the daffodils dance moving all over the field
With buterflies fluttering on every flower and every leaf


That was the place I had never been
No buses, no trains, no swindler so no worries.
I laid on a grassy land and closed my eyes
As I opened my eyes, it was 8 o’clock in the morn
I got myself ready and rushed for duty
I smiled coz –
The door was tempting, but it ain’t beautiful
It looked like a broken antique piece….

No comments: