About Me

My photo
Imphal, Manipur, India
An independent person, happy living to me is dancing and cooking. 12 years away from home and family have taught me many things. I can cook the best food, I can dance the best way, I can make my house the most beautiful and yes I can fix your broken tap too! And no wonder, I have now made my seat in the room of poets ;-) Nourishing my talents I offer you the bits and pieces of it here. Enjoy reading :-)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MEKHELE – LONG FORGOTTEN

I’ve spent my childhood rollin’ on the mud
The vital element of making the valley so green
Twistin’ in the stream as pure as a holy river
A miraculous childhood that never last for long

Days came to hit the road and start a new
The place I loved the most I had to leave
Encounterin’ the alien locale was not fun
But got adapted with the passing moments
Kept myself amused yet the feeling of nostalgic!

One day, I packed my bags

And headed in search of that long lost thrill
As I landed, I had no idea where I was
The place was new to me.
A much immature place that was…..

I saw a smile welcoming me,
My Mother! Oh! Here I'm

My home - Mekhele ‘Manipur’.
A sentiment of melancholy, past no more exist neither future.
Flooded by tears that have no value.

Death Valley dearth of verve
Coming back to the town show me your zeal
Summon the existence and release the fatality
Promise me an August feeling!!

Higher the hills virtue cannot reach
Green no more has its charm
We were four, and today only three
Lost in the pandemonium; my friends
Let not destiny rule our terra firma
Let’s built every diminishing houses

Our happiness, our laughter. Dig it! Find it!
Hey hey! this is not you.
You promised us a more contented life
The soil still smells good as in the times of yore
Be no different, you can be the same
Oh Mama! Oh Papa! Give us hope,
Let us dwell serenely in ‘Our Valley’.

4 comments:

Green said...

This... I did not read, but I found this a realy nice piece of work. The way you have discribed is nice.

In the making, Manipur is a beautifull, wonderful State. I wish somepne concentrate on its beauty and decorate her. She is now in the worst of its condition. I love, we love Manipur, 'cause we know, we feel all the especialilies it possesses from the time unkown.

Unknown said...

poem di fajei aduda word singse yamna expanded oimankhre. try to use some good clauses and idioms. the theme was good, i appreciate. Use some good punctuations also.

Hodam Pinky said...

Hello Siddhant!! Well I'm not a professional poet & all the writings are in expanded form because I write down whatever comes to my mind at the moment & put it on my blog. I hope you read the introductory part of "Castle in the Sky". When I feel sad or lonely writing such creatives make me feel relaxed but honestly satisfaction of writing these comes only when you guyz post your sweet comments:) Anywayz thanks for your comment!! Castle in the Sky's viewers wish is my command. you will certainly see better creatives next time :)

Unknown said...

Mekhele...., Door of Heaven and Journey of Love are the poems that I read at E-pao. Journey of Love seems more personal, of course, all the three are personal. I never came across your block. Today when I happen to check out your blog, I see your profound creativity and the rhetoric and music of expression in the short lyrics like the limericks of yours. Nice....waiting to read more.......